Promethean have just announced the release of ActivInspire version 2.0. This new version represents a key milestone in ActivInspire with the integration of the new ClassFlow functionality.
I have yet to download and install it myself yet, but here’s the details from Promethean:
Be aware that ActivInspire 2.0 WILL NOT auto-update when “checking for updates”. You have to download the product and install it.
ActivInspire takes advantage of ClassFlow to provide some great new features:
- Remote control – Create a ClassFlow account and use the free ClassFlow Teacher Remote app (available on iOS & Android app stores) on your phone to drive your ActivInspire lesson display from anywhere in the classroom.
- Share flipchart pages – Push flipchart pages to students’ tablets or computers, encouraging every learner to participate in the lesson using the free ClassFlow Student app (available on iOS, Android and Windows 8 app stores) or via a web browser.
- Assess student understanding – Connect student tablets and computers and ActivExpression devices to administer in the moment polling sessions to quickly gauge whole class or individual student understanding.
ActivInspire 2.0 at-a-glance:
- You can now sign in to ClassFlow within ActivInspire.
- Control your ActivInspire lessons remotely. Use the free ClassFlow Teacher Remote app to go to next page or previous page of your flipchart.
- Internet connectivity is required to take advantage of the ClassFlow-enabled functionality.
- Share flipchart pages and send ExpressPoll questions to student devices such as tablets, iPads or laptops.
- Pause your polling sessions, directly in ActivInspire or from the ClassFlow Teacher Remote app, in order to include teachable moments.
- Enable students to join your ActivInspire session using the ClassFlow student app. (available on iOS, Android and Windows 8 app stores) or by simply entering the URL in a web browser.
- Support for Windows 7 and above; Mac OS X 10.7 – 10.9 (Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks)
The English release is available for manual download from the Promethean Planet English sites only. Localized versions will be available soon.
When I get a chance I’ll get it downloaded and let you know what I think. I have no idea what the situation is with past licence keys, I would hope they will still work. If you know any different, please let me know in the comments.
Update – Previous licence keys will still work!