If you’ve ever used Post it notes as a brainstorming activity then wondered what to do with them afterwards, then this Post-It app is perfect for you.
Post It Plus is a free app that lets you use an iOS device to capture and digitize a wall of Post It notes, enabling them to be stored and shared. Once digitized, the notes can be moved around and rearranged within the app. They can then be shared with a class or sent to other applications —including PowerPoint, Excel, Dropbox and more.
Here’s an example. The Post-it’s were photographed with the app and instantly converted into moveable images.
I then exported the board as a PowerPoint file, and opened on my desktop PC via Dropbox. It opened fine in PowerPoint, with each post it note existing as a moveable graphic.
According to the official site, the app lets you
• Capture up to 50 square Post-it® Notes at a time.
• Organize your way — group your ideas by thought or simply organize on a grid.
• Combine boards — collect and combine ideas from across multiple sessions.
• Share to your favorites — supports PowerPoint, Excel, Dropbox, PDF and more.
• Work as a team— anyone can arrange, add and build on great ideas.
It’s a very interesting app. Admittedly it might have limited use. But for collecting and storing activities where Post-It notes are used, it adds an extra dimension. It’s a free app, so it’s worth downloading to have on your iPad or phone.
Download Post-It Plus from the app store here.