If you already own Senteo handsets then there is a new upgrade to the software available. If you’re still running Senteo v1 then you really need to upgrade as version 2 came out a few months back. Version 2 users should still see some improvements. Download it here.
This is taken from the Smart website:
Senteo software 2.0 users
If you’re upgrading from Senteo software 2.0, you’ll see that we’ve made a few improvements, such as offering you the choice of seeing test results displayed in both pie charts and bar graphs. You can also drag the chart or graph onto a SMART Notebook page to get a closer view and add your own annotations in digital ink.
Senteo software 1.0 users
If you’re still using Senteo software 1.0, upgrading to SMART Response will provide you with many new features and enhancements. We’ve redesigned the interface to make it easier than ever for you to use all of the system’s tools and features.
SMART Response software allows you to do the following:
- Display performance and test results in pie charts or bar graphs. By dragging the chart or graph onto a SMART Notebook page, you can get a closer view and add your own annotations in digital ink.
- Use the new tab in SMART Notebook software to conveniently access all of the assessment features in SMART Response software
- Insert content pages between questions to enhance quizzes and lessons
- Organize and track grades and test results using the new built-in gradebook
- View and manage all assessment data from one location using Teacher Tools
- Assign different point values to individual questions within any quiz, test or exam
- Tag questions and student names with keywords to track and evaluate results in greater detail
- Produce instant reports on student or class performance
The upgrade to SMART Response software is available free of charge for customers using Senteo software and is compatible with all your existing hardware components for the Senteo interactive response system.
You can download this upgrade from the Smarttech website here. When I upgraded from v1 to v2 I found it worked better if I uninstalled Smart Notebook and installed this upgrade from scratch. I don’t know yet if that will be the case again, but it’s probably a good idea to do so.
There was an issue with the first release of the new version yesterday, but Smart have apparently fixed this driver issue now. You will need to download Service Pack 5, the site has not yet got links to it, but for now you can get it from these 2 links:
(Thanks TeqSmart for the links)