SMART Notebook Maestro will let you connect your iPad to your SMARTboard wirelessly, and let you interact with a SMART Notebook file. You can annotate, add images and move objects around from your iPad, anywhere in the classroom.
This quick guide explains how to quickly get the app connected to SMART Notebook.
- For this to work, you will need SMART Notebook 14, and a valid advantage licence.
- You will need the latest Notebook app.
- You will need the SMART Maestro Add-on.
- Both the PC and the iPad will need to be connected to the same network.
1. Download and Install the SMART Notebook Maestro add-on.
2. Click on the Jigsaw icon on the sidebar to open the Add-ons tab.
3. Click on Notebook Maestro
4. If this is the first time you have run Maestro, you might need to click on Enable Maestro, then restart SMART Notebook.
5. Once activated, Notebook will display a QR code. Keep this displayed on the screen whilst you set up the iPad to connect.
6. On the iPad, open up the SMART Notebook App.
7. Click on “Connect to SMART Notebook Software”
8. Point the iPad camera at the QR code, and give it a second to capture it.
9. Back in Notebook on the PC, it should now display the name of your iPad below the QR code under “Select a Device to Connect”.
10 . Choose your iPad and click Connect.
11. And that’s it. Your iPad should now show an identical copy of your SMART Notebook file.
12. Use the tools at the bottom of the app to interact – you can write, draw, add shapes and insert photographs. Writing on the screen of the iPad will automatically add the ink to the open Notebook file.
Using this add-on you will be able to interact with your Notebook file from anywhere in the classroom. You no longer need to be tethered to the front of the class!
Do note – this will only give you control of Smart Notebook. You can’t control anything else on your computer. There’s other methods for that. Here are some more options on how to connect an iPad to an interactive whiteboard you might like to try.