The Whiteboard Blog is 5 years old! I can’t believe how time has flown. When I started I wasn’t sure I’d be able to keep blogging regularly enough, but I’ve stuck at it and, apart from the odd period of writers block or extreme workload, have managed to keep the blog posts coming.
Over the years the number of hits per day has steadily grown until last week I had to finally bite the bullet and move to a dedicated server as my webhost was complaining about the bandwidth the blog was using!
As part of my usual round up of the last 12 months, here are the top 10 most-read posts from this year:
- An introductory guide to iPads for Teachers
- Using an iPad as an alternative to an interactive whiteboard
- Show your iPad on your IWB screen
- Interactive Whiteboards #101 : A short primer
- How to embed YouTube clips into PowerPoint
- Teaching Appz – a guide to great educational apps for teachers
- Smart Notebook 11 : Activity Builder Tutorial
- 9 YouTube Tips and Tricks for Teachers
- Socrative – class quizzes and polling via any device
- Promethean ActivEngage Mobile – Voting on iPads and other devices
- Free online graph paper generator
- 8 Great Online Presentation Tools
- 16 Avatar Generators for Profile Pictures and more
- 10 Tools for Digital Storytelling in Class
- 11 Ideas for Music Lessons on your Interactive Whiteboard
- 12 Puzzle and Quiz Creation Tools for Teachers
- 8 Word Cloud Makers for Teachers
- Ten Twitter Tips for Teachers
- Music Shake – free online music creator
Thanks to everyone who’s read and commented on my blog posts over the last year, and a very big thanks to all of you who have retweeted and shared these posts with your followers and colleagues.
Looking forward to sharing more stuff with you over the next 12 months (and 5 years!)